Great West Newspaper staffer Glenda Addison says this is one of her favorites. You had me at 'one pot'.
ONE POT LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP PASTA
· 8 oz linguine
· 1 Tbsp olive oil
· 4 Tbsp light butter
· 4 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 tsp crushed red pepper
· 1¼ lbs large shrimp
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 1 tsp dried oregano
· 4 cups baby spinach
· ¼ cup Parmesan
· 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
· 1 Tbsp lemon juice
1. In a large pot, boil water and add pasta. Cook (stirring frequently) until al dente.
2. Drain and set aside pasta.
3. In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Add garlic and crushed red pepper, cook until fragrant.
4. Toss in shrimp, salt and pepper to taste, and stir until shrimp start to turn pink, but are not fully cooked.
5. Add oregano and spinach, cook until wilted.
6. Return cooked pasta to the pot, add remaining butter, parmesan, and parsley. Stir until well mixed and the butter is melted.
7. When the shrimp are cooked, add lemon juice, mix once more, then serve while hot.