Nestled on the banks of the Sturgeon River in the City of St. Albert, Careadon Village is a brand new 163-suite retirement community for healthy living boasting 85 kilometers of breathtaking, peaceful walking trails just outside the door. Today’s new aging revolution has brought significant changes in how we plan and approach our retirement years. Canadians boomers are setting historical new trends of what ‘retirement’ really means by embracing age through positive, youthful proactive attitudes and lifestyles.
Healthy living doesn’t just mean eating tasty nutritious age appropriate meals to nourish our bodies, or to participate in stretchy exercise that keeps us limber and mobile. Healthy living also includes downsizing our houses in exchange for comfortable homes without all the maintenance giving us more time and freedom to live the life we want, whether it’s going on new adventures such as hiking, taking an Italian cooking class or maybe it’s getting into woodworking or creating new craft ideas in the craft room by yourself or with others on a project. Perhaps you simply want more freedom to slow down and relax and not be tied down to cleaning a big house, shoveling snow or mowing the lawn. For most of us who are maturing in age, this new ‘free independent living’ is what we strive for. If this is the lifestyle for you then Careadon Village is the community for you. At Careadon our mission is to support and facilitate Canadians through their retirement years by providing the opportunity to live in comfort with built in amenities and conveniences to encourage happy and healthy living.
A superb location to support your healthy lifestyle!
Careadon Village is a perfect balance of nature and urban living. Careadon is situated on the banks of the Sturgeon River alongside the Red River Trail that connects to six parks including the beautiful St. Albert Botanical Park. On the other side of the building are all the city conveniences you’ll need.
Careadon is within walking distance for all your convenient shopping needs!
Careadon Village is right next door to Canadian Tire and St. Albert Centre with many of your favorite stores including Winners The Bay and much more including London Drugs that hosts a Medical Clinic right beside the pharmacy for your convenience. Need groceries? Safeway is very close by! Let’s not forget the Dutch Delicious Bakery just 2.5 blocks away or perhaps you like the Italian Bakery at Mercado’s which is a 10 min walk from Careadon. Not to mention Careadon is on a bus route so you can easily get you to these places or anywhere else you want to go! Or book our Careadon transportation to get you there!
Why Careadon stands out from the rest!
We are rock solid.
- The Careadon retirement building is a solid concrete building (9” thick concrete on every floor from the underground parkade all the way to the roof top!).
- Steel stud walls: This building does not have wood studs in its walls, the walls are built with steel studs.
- Worried about noise from your neighbour, we fixed that? The sound barrier between suites contains 5/8” thick fireguard drywall, steel studs, Roxul safe and sound insulation (fire and sound proofing insulation), a 5” air space and then repeated again from the adjoining suite (doubled) for exceptional sound proofing quality.
Careadon Independent Retirement Living, Out Building Features
- 164 beautiful suites including seven different one-bedroom and nine two-bedroom plans to choose from.
- Suite sizes range from 721 square feet to 1,173 square feet (not including the balcony).
- 16 different suite models (we have something for everyone).
- 7 floors plus a riverside walkout with direct access to walking trails.
- Numerous amenity rooms including a swim spa.
- Every suite comes with a balcony and has a natural gas outlet for a BBQ.
- Resident Parking: Underground parking with storage and plenty of outdoor parking with electrical outlets.
- Many more amenities please see Careadon Amenities
If you are interested in learning more about us or have any questions, please fill out the form HERE or contact us.
Careadon Village Building Lower floor (Walk-out level)
- Additional storage section
- More Additional Storage in various sections of the building
- Large Woodworking room
- Multi-Purpose Room
- Craft Room
- Exercise room
- Family Room
- Swim Spa Room
- Great Room
Careadon Village (Main Floor)
- Main Lobby
- Great Room with large split balcony facing the river
- Two Guest Rooms
- Dinning area
- Three Elevators
- Postal room
Careadon Village Underground parking area
- 71- Residential underground parking with storage space (5’ X 8.6”)
- 92- out-door parking stalls (Including 6 handicapped and 5 visitor stalls)
- Secure Entrances
- Scooter recharging station/parking
Careadon Village Suites Attributes
- 5’ wheel chair radius doors
- Full size suite washer and dryer
- Leaver plumbing fixtures
- High rise toilets
- Air conditioning
- Low threshold shower (5”)
- Some suites with bathtubs (2nd floor up)
- Door with lever handles
- Individual suite climate control
- Sprinkler system & fire alarm
- Window blinds (Living/Bedroom)
- Balcony (various sizes)
- Beautiful Colour suite designs styles to choose from
Careadon Village Outdoor Areas
- 92-outdoor parking stalls with power outlet
- Careadon Bicycle rack
- Rooftop Terrace on 7th floor for an amazing viewpoint of St. Albert
- Community Garden area (back East side)
- Small Apple Tree Orchard (back East side)
- Walk-out suite access to walking paths (river side)
- Careadon Village Additional Amenities and Additional Services
- Pet friendly (one pet within size limits)
- Laundry services
- Transportation Services
- Housekeeping services
- Meal Programs/drop-ins