There is no question the last year has been especially challenging for the businesses in Chinatown. Many establishments had barely recovered from the pandemic when the tragic events in May refocused attention on issues of safety and security in the area. As a result, restaurants and other establishments still haven’t seen a return to foot traffic required for a thriving neighbourhood.
The mission of Chinatown Dining Week remains more relevant than ever: highlighting culinary gems in an overlooked part of the city, especially at a time when they could use more support.
This year, 15 businesses spanning both Chinatown North and South have returned. Participants have put together special menus for $10 or $20 that will be offered from January 26 – February 5, 2023 for in-person dining and/or take-out.
- 97 Hot Pot, 10602 97 Street
- All Happy Family, 10013 106 Avenue
- Asian Express Hot Pot, 10586 100 Street
- China Marble Restaurant, 10566 97 Street
- Co Chin Saigon, 10632 100 Street
- Hong Kong Bakery, 10649 97 Street
- Kim Fat Market, 9905 107 Avenue
- King Noodle House Pho Hoang, 10613 97 Street
- Lee House Korean Restaurant, 10704 97 Street
- Liuyishou Hot Pot, #168, 9700 105 Avenue (Pacific Rim Mall)
- Padmanadi, 10740 101 Street
- Shan Shan Bakery, 10552 97 Street
- Spirit Bistro, 10824 97 Street, Unit #3
- Tea Bar Cafe, 10640 98 Street
- The Moth Cafe, 9449 Jasper Avenue
Menus will be released at edmontonchinatown.ca – check back for more details!
Participating businesses will be offering $20 or $10 specials from January 26 – February 5, 2023. Depending on the business, offers are valid for dine-in only during certain hours, pick-up only, or both. Menus and hours are subject to change.