This week, two major performance organizations in Edmonton announced they will require proof of vaccination in addition to mandatory masking. In a statement, the Citadel Theatre said that due to rising cases of COVID-19 and the theatre's desire to continue offering in-person performances and classes, the enhanced change will take effect September 15.
Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test will be required from patrons upon entry into the building, while attending performances and for Foote Theatre School classes.
Proof of Vaccine Policy is as follows:
- Patrons and students (aged 12+) must be fully vaccinated 14 days prior to attending the Citadel OR have proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of attendance.
- For Foote Theatre School, proof of vaccination will only need to be shown once, but if using a negative COVID-19 test, will need to be provided upon each entry to the Citadel.
- Electronic or paper records will be checked at Citadel entry points. When government-issued cards become available, those will be accepted as proof.
- Children must provide proof of age under 12.
- This policy will be in effect for the run of The Garneau Block and all Fall Foote Theatre School classes, and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis for future shows and classes.
- No health record information will be scanned, stored, or shared.
- Children under 12 years of age will not need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
- Be prepared to show this each time you enter the Citadel. Please do not send in advance as we cannot store this information on your file.
At the neighbouring Winspear Centre, proof of vaccination or proof of negative PCR test results within 48 hours of attendance is required to enter the building, effective October 1. The Winspear Centre already requires all staff and musicians to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Everyone age 12 and up must present proof upon arrival that they have been fully vaccinated (final dose received at least 14 days prior to the event). Children under 12 must be accompanied by a fully-vaccinated adult.
Valid electronic or paper copies will be accepted. Albertans can provide their immunization records through the MyHealthRecords app. Other Provincial, Territorial, or Federal equivalents records will also be accepted. Valid photo identification may be required as well. Personal health records will not be scanned, saved, or shared.
Masks are mandatory for everyone in all public indoor spaces, as per the requirements put in place by the Province of Alberta and City of Edmonton.