This is an excellent, semi-healthy AND VEGAN dessert. And yes, my wife Kimberley gave me this recipe!
- 1 15 oz can Black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder (the darker, the more chocolatey)
- ½ cup Chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- ½ cup Almond butter (or another nut butter)
- ¼ cup Almond flour
- ½ cup Maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil melted
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, blend the nut butter, almond flour, black beans, cocoa powder, coconut oil, vanilla, baking soda, maple syrup, baking powder and salt.
- Once creamy and smooth, take off the lid and stir in the chocolate chips. Do not chop or process the chips.
- Pour batter into an 8x8 inch greased pan and add more chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for 1 week.